Top 10 reasons why gay marriage should not be legal
top 10 reasons why gay marriage should not be legal
10 reasons why gay marriages should be legalized
1. Marriage is a union of love, not a union of genders.
2. Homosexuality is a human characteristic, not a crime.
3. ‘Marriage is a human right, not a heterosexual priviledge.’
4. Homosexuals(nor anyone else) are not able to control their feelings or affect to who they fall in love with, so they shouldn’t be punished for that.
5. Many people are against Christian values and God, but it isn’t illegal to believe in God. As well, many people are against gay rights, so it shouldn’t be illegal for gays to get married.
6. If God doesn’t exist, gays have been treated unequally for no reason.
7. Love is an emotion, justice and right, not a concept that can be controlled/denied by law or by an old book(bible).
8. Would it really bother anyone, if two people could celebrate their love equally?
9. Gays don’t try to control straights’ rights, so straights shouldn’t try to control gays’ rights.
10. Christianity is a choice, and religion is something you were taught. Homosexuality is something you were born with.
‘Being gay isn’t a lifestyle. It’s life with style.’:)
1. marriage is the union between a man and a woman.
2. homosexuality is a sin created by man
3. marriage is a god given right, and one of his blessings.
4. everyone is able to control their feeling ( no shit dude)
5. gay marriage should be illegal cause it is a sin.
6. god does exist and everyone is mistreated is isn’t just you self-centered people
7. love is a commitment.
8. yes it would, because its wrong
9. maybe its cuz we want the country to not be so corrupted.
10. homosexuality is a choice for crying out loud. you’re living in pathetic denial if you think you were born with it.
and yes, being gay is a lifestyle.
posted over a year ago.
1) Why does it have to be specifically between a man and a women? You realize that’s exactly what people like you were saying 60 years ago with black and white people right?
Are you saying you would rather have 2 people of different genders that hate each other be married than two people of the same sex that love each other?
2) "Homosexuality is a sin". Not everyone has the same religion as you.
"Created by man" Actually its been found in hundreds of species of animals. So it therefore cannot be made by man. Simple as that.
3) Again, not everyone has the same religion as you.
4) They cannot control their feelings for liking the same sex as much as you can’t control your feelings for liking the opposite sex.
5) AGAIN not everyone has the same religion as you. You are being very arrogant right now. Do you really center all of your conscience just based on your religion and not your own logic? Because religion is no reason at all to deny gay people their rights. You realize it’s also a sin to divorce according to the bible but i don’t see you bashing people because of that and trying to make it illegal. Along with eating shellfish, eating pork, wearing gold, women speaking in churches, getting tattoos, and a bunch of other ridiculous things that you’ve been bound to do.
6) That’s your opinion but not everyone believes in God and we are in no way being self centered. You are the one being self centered here. How would you like it if you couldn’t be with the person you love, not able to donate blood, be able to be sentenced to death in 7 different countries, and have to put up with pointless meaningless discrimination like this? You and other like you are the only self-centered ones here.
7) So what, you are denying that love is an emotion justice and right? How the heck are you in any position to argue homosexuality if you don’t even know what love is?
Commitment, yeah so? More gay commitments have been known to last longer and be happier than straight ones.
8) That’s your opinion. And you have given no valid explanation yet to why it is wrong.
9) How exactly would it corrupt the country? If would HELP the country!
10) Again, if it is a choice then why are there hundreds of species of animals that we have seen take part in homosexual behavior. Animals that don’t even have the brain capacity to make that choice?
Even if it was a choice (which science proves it is not), why does that even remotely matter?
And why are you a fan of the Gay Rights club if you’re bashing them like this? We don’t need your homophobic trolling, link
Nice article =)
@misscrazel: So agreed.
I am Christian. But I don’t go to church. Why? Because I believe in a better God. I believe in a God that loves all. I believe God is more loving that believers give him credit. Did God present himself down here and say he hated homosexuals? Nope. I believe God loves based on personality. If you’re a good person, no matter what sexuality or religion, then God will love you in my opinion. Even if you’re atheist, as long as you’re not murdering people and committing adultery or whatever, God will love you and forgive you. That is my belief in God. Some people say that I’m supposed to just have faith that the Bible is correct. FYI, I do have faith. I have faith in a more loving God. A better God. My intention isn’t to offend any Christians who may be reading this. I respect others opinions, so please respect mine.
Homosexuality is not a choice. If you’re straight, and you say that homosexuality is a choice, consider this: If you were asked if you could be attracted to the same sex, would the answer be yes? Probably not. Therefore, it’s not a choice. It’s something that one discovers when he or she puts the discovery to the test. You can’t control who you’re attracted to. When I started to believe I was bisexual, it took a lot of thought. Was I attracted to men and women? It probably took about a month before I confirmed it. I am attracted to both sexes. I’m not ashamed of it.
Love is love. Marriage is the joining of two hearts, not of two different sexes. Some people say that gay marriage is unnatural because sex cannot be preformed in the traditional way. Marriage is about love, not sex. Yes, men and women—for lack of better phrasing—"fit together perfectly", but that doesn’t mean it’s required for it to be men-women period.
And besides, who is the government to say who’s to marry who? Who gives them the right to say that two hearts cannot be joined in holy matrimony? Who gives them the right to say that two people who love each other cannot bind that love with a kiss and the blessing of the Justice of the Peace? And you’re telling me that two people of different gender can marry if they’d known each other for say, ten minutes, but if they’re the same gender and have been in a committed relationship for ten years, that’s illegal. Am I the only one seeing that as wrong?
I don’t support gay rights. I support love.
posted over a year ago.
last edited over a year ago
9. Well, it’s because the straight people were first/original, and gays really can’t say anything about that.
posted over a year ago.
i hate this world soo many people are so judgmental DONT YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT FUCKING HURTS TO BE LOOKED DOWN UPON JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE SOMEONE.
gay rights, links, bookmarks, articles, reviews, websites, gay, rights, lesbian, bisexual, prop 8, gay rights:Fanpop original article: 1. Marriage is a union of love, not a union of genders. 2. Homosexuality is a …